Assam is located in the north eastern part of India. It’s covered with lushly green forests and rocky roads. The capital of the state is Guwahati which is doorway to the other neighboring states of Assam. It is well accessible via roadways, airways and railways. It’s a diverse state with many tribes and each tribe has its own unique culture and tradition. Every year thousands of tourist visit Assam to experience its beauty and calming scenery. It’s famous for tea production and silk handworks.There are so many important tourist attractions in Assam that we made a list so that you don’t miss out on them. Here is a list of top 5 places in Assam you shouldn’t miss out.
- Kaziranga National Park – It is abbreviated a KNP. It’s famous for nesting the famous One Horned Rhinos. There park is famous breeding ground for elephants, wild buffalos and swamp deer. The park offers safari rides in the 430 sq kilometer area, where a tour guide takes deep in the park for you explore all the beauty mother nature offers.It is located in parts of Golaghat, Karbi Anglong and Nagaon districts of Assam.
- Dhola Sadiya Bridge – This bridge was officially opened on March 26, 2017, it is famous for bearing the title for the motor able bridge in India. The bridge is long 9.15 km and it’s located in the Sadiya region of Tinsukia, Assam.
- Manas National Park – Manas National Park is a natural world heritage site, a tiger reserve and it hold importance for its biosphere system. The park shares majority of the boundary with the Royal Manas National Park, Bhutan. The total area of the park is 500 sq kilometers and is the home to Tigers, Assam Roofed Turtle, Hispid Hare, Golden Langur and Pigmy Hog. The park is rich in flora and fauna and offers so much in natural sightings.
- Corramore Tea Estate – Corramore Tea Estate was founded by a Scot named Robert Logan in 1860. It is located in Hattigarh, Darrang district of Assam. It’s now owned by McLeod Russel. The tea estate offers a beautiful natural scenery and it’s one of the most desirable places to visit in Assam.
- Majuli – Majuli is famous because it’s the the only river island in the world. It covers an area of 325 sq. kms. It’s an important cultural hub of the Assamese people and it’s famous for its pottery works and social-religious influences. Due to the constant river bank erosion and floods the area is rapidly shrinking. Don’t miss out on visiting it as the Island might be under water.